Jr. Storage Administrator TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance required
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is looking for a Junior Storage Administrator for the newly awarded ISEE contract for the Bolling AFB customer. This contract will have a 5 year POP at a minimum. Work locations can be Annapolis Junction Md, Sterling VA, Reston VA, Tampa FL or Bolling AFB Wathington D.C. Candidate will be a member of a team responsible for management of a multi-node Storage Area Network (SAN) supporting application systems and 24x7x365 support for the batch job scheduling process for those systems.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with storage solution like, Netapp Data Ontap Cluster Mode operating system or similar
- Experience and expert knowledge of storage replication and mirroring like, Data Ontap application layer technologies such as Snapmirror, Snapvault, StapRestore, and Snapdrive or similar.
- Experience with SAN implementations and related technologies such as iSCSI and NDMP networking protocols and disk management concepts such as RAID groups, Aggregates and LUNs.
- Supporting the Hosting Team with Server & Storage Administration to include performing Server and Storage installation setup with RAID configuration, replacing hard drives from servers & storage and troubleshooting server related issues;
- Monitoring the server performance, providing statistics and reports, and using tools to maintain system continuity and an acceptable level of system Performance;
- Performing file server management with user account administration to include performing the Microsoft security patches to enterprise server farm on monthly basis;
- Supporting Application owners to migrate their applications to new server host platforms when required, as well as optimizing server platforms, both physical and virtual;
- Maintaining and upgrading the Virtual Machine environment with latest software
- Providing Hardware Purchase and Warrantee Coverage to include examining upcoming server platform requirements from the applications staff to ensure that all hardware and operating systems are under current software support with Microsoft and Dell as well as other vendors
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma + 8 years
• Associate's Degree + 6 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 4 years
• Master's Degree + 2 years
• PhD + 0 years
DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, or a related field plus considerable experience in service and storage administration, including experience managing and implementing information systems, operating systems, Storage Area Networks (SAN), systems analysis, and networking.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Hardware/Software experience with DELL & VMWARE, KVMs, and Storage Arrays;
- Understanding of facilities systems: Power, Failovers, HVAC; and/or
- Experience working in a critical 24/7 environment.
- Working knowledge of basic TCP/IP networking concepts (network interfaces, switches, routing, VLANS, etc)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/12 operating system (Microsoft certification or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with Microsoft scripting languages such as VBScript and Powershell.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top