Jr. Software Engineer - iOS Developer
GXP is looking for a junior level software iOS engineer. The engineer will work as part of the engineering team to design, code, and test new software for fast-paced geospatial development projects. This engineer will work within a server-client architecture environment to build applications for the iOS platform aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers.
The Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) business provides licensed software capabilities and geospatial technology R&D. GXP's ability to draw on internal data production and technology expertise has allowed it to deliver superior products to the user community. GXP often finds ways to improve software implementation through user conferences and regional workshops, where important feedback and insight is gathered from customers.
GXP commercial software, GXP Xplorer®, GXP WebView®, SOCET GXP®, and SOCET SET® provide customers with comprehensive image and video analysis, data management and geospatial production capabilities. These products serve government and civil customers' needs for photogrammetry, mapping, GIS, image exploitation, precision targeting, geospatial intelligence, 3-D visualization, simulation and mission planning.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with two years of actual work experience.
- GPA 3.0 and above in major
- Proficient with Objective-C, Swift, and the iOS platform.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- Understanding of RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Have a high standard for code quality, design, and architecture.
- Passion for creating great user experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well within a team.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Familiar with Atlassian products (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Familiar with GIT
- Familiar with MAC OS (Mac mini)
- Familiar with Xcode
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top