Jr. Software Engineer – Image Processing
GXP is seeking a junior software developer working with image processing algorithms. The candidate will work with specialists to develop new products and improve upon existing products related to image processing. Candidate will be required to analyze, develop, test, and debug C++ and/or Java. Work is high paced and dynamic. Developers are expected to prototype/design to the goals of functionality and operational utility while considering ease of component re-use, connectivity, long term architecture, and schedule commitments. The position requires the ability to perform critical analysis, work well in teams, and self-manage. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education — Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and two years of work experience.
- - GPA 3.0 and above in major
- - Good working knowledge of C++ and/or Java programming language.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well within a team.
- - The ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast moving environment with high expectations.
- - U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Preferred Skills and Education — Strong foundation of software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- - Experience with image data such as HSI/MSI and SAR
- - Experience with image processing algorithms
- - Experience developing client code that securely and efficiently communicates with server-side services.
- - Experience with linear algebra/matrix processing and associated software packages (MATLAB, OpenCV, etc)
- - Experience with common image file formats (TIFF/GeoTIFF, NITF 2.1, JPEG2000, JPEG, etc)
- - Familiarity with image compression/decompression concepts
- - Experience defining and executing rigorous unit tests for low level algorithms
- - Experience developing web services
- - Experience with GPU programming
- - Proficient analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills.
- - Must be able to perform in a small team environment with minimal supervision.
- - Ability to work in areas outside of usual comfort zone and love to learn new technologies.
- - Knowledge of data sharing across applications a plus.
- - Experience with Agile software development (Kanban).
- - Experience developing code using configuration management and issue tracking systems to track software releases and changes (JIRA, SVN, GIT).
Back to top