Jr Java Engineer
Provide web development support to the Division of Enterprise Web Services.
- Work on one or more teams responsible for developing applications for supporting web-based data collection and data dissemination;
- Write secure software (front-end and back-end) for use by the public;Develop and conduct unit tests plans supporting agreed upon requirements;
- Write systems documentation to facilitate systems maintenance;
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, both technical and business focused.
- 1-2 years experience with frameworks such as Spring and tools such as ant and Maven
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python and Ruby.
- Experience with AJAX and scaling issues of public facing websites and applications.
- Experience w orking with automated software unit and functional testing (JUnit, HTMLUnit, etc)
- Knowledgeable of database technologies (Oracle preferred)
- K nowledgeable of Object-Relational Mapping tools (Hibernate, JPA, ActiveRecord, etc).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top