Jr. Full Stack Developer
Are you ready for your next exciting position! Are you an innovator?
BAE Systems' Intelligence & Security team is seeking to hire Jr. Full Stack Developer's to provide IT software and systems DevOps services to one of our Intelligence customers' Applications Division. Your contributions and leadership will be vital to providing a high quality user experience to our customers. You will utilize your highly proficient Java and Grails skills to incorporate new technologies into the application platform.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- End-to-end full lifecycle software development of new applications and applications in production.
- Technical analysis of requirements, development of the software, automated testing, builds, deployment, monitoring, and feedback.
- Ensuring applications are developed and operated efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of stakeholders and end-users.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Must have strong skills and expertise with Java, Scala, Hadoop, and SOL.
- Must have strong skills and expertise with back-end SOAP and RESTful service applications.
Potential work locations across the Washington, DC metro area to include:
- Washington, DC
- Chantilly, VA
- Crystal City, VA
- Vienna, VA
- Linthicum MD
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 4 years of experience with programming and software development
- Java development experience with demonstrated skills in Patterns, framework, and 3 or 4-tier service-layer platforms.
- Experience automating application deployments using tools and techniques.
- Experience with JDBC and JEE technologies with ability to facilitate the sharing and exploration data through easy to use graphical interfaces and API endpoints.
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively even when not interacting face-to-face.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well on teams.
- Willingness to be flexible working on short and long term tasks including rotating through DevOps programming automated testing.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top