Journeyman Geospatial Analyst (VO)
Position requires a cleared Journeyman-level Geospatial Analyst to provide Vertical Obstruction (VO) data support at St. Louis/Arnold MO customer sites. Analyst shall:
- Collect and validate features (points, lines and areas), and complete product finishing
- Enter data using both manual and automated processes.
- Analyze and validate data.
- Extract features from imagery sources.
- Work with large data sets, to include manipulation and formatting of data to meet specifications for database ingest.
- Use previous knowledge of quality controls, quality management systems, and strategies to maintain required level of work.
- Resolve feature discrepancies and conflicts.
- Be comfortable working in a time constrained environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Basic knowledge of the airfield infrastructure such as taxiways, runways, navigational aids, ATC tower, and hangers, etc.
- Working knowledge of feature collection (points, lines and areas), feature validation and finishing.
- At least 3 years of relevant geospatial analysis experience.
Knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry.
Knowledge of and experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
Capability to read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Working knowledge of Python scripting.
- Other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors.
- Ability to work within, manipulate, and interact with Geospatial Database, SQL, Stored Procedures, and Triggers.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top