Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a Web Developer to join a mission critical program, state-of-the-art program within the intelligence community.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop and maintain Java services to run on a FOSS content services platform.
- Leverage the Kubernetes container-orchestration system to automate and manage the deployment of the content management platform and its persistent backing services.
- Develop software in accordance with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) best practices to manage infrastructure components such as virtual machines and load balancers.
•Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
•Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
•Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Experience with middle-tier Java development
- Experience developing RESTful services in a Unix environment
- Experience with using the Unix command line
- Experience developing scripts using Bash
- TS/SCI with poly
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Familiar with Kubernetes container orchestration
- Familiar with container build tools such as BuildKit, Buildah, or Kaniko
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch
- Familiar with Kafka scalable messaging service
- Experience with SQL technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Tekton or Jenkins
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience developing scripts using Python
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) principles and tools such as Terraform
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.