Java Developer - Data Visualization
Seeking a Software Developer to work on-site with our government customer in Chantilly, VA. This position will support Java Development OpenGL (JOGL) with a Data Visualization emphasis. Developer will be working with a strong developer team in an Agile environment. Position will work alongside a mixed team of contractor and government personnel and coordinate with the end user's representatives and the development team to determine requirements and prioritize/schedule delivery of functionality.
The position is supporting dynamic requirements focused on developing java-based graphical desktop applications and implementing algorithms utilizing social network analysis techniques using fully open source software FOSS and COTS products. Sprints currently center on quarterly deployments.
The person in this position will have a key role in setting schedule expectations and coordinating team members' work to meet those expectations. Data visualization work may include validating community recognized graph algorithms and creating white papers with the majority of work supporting case-driven tool development and deployment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Qualified candidate will have the following:
- US citizenship
- Current clearance and able to take/pass a poly
- 10+ years of Java development experience
- Expertise with Java data visualization using Open GL, Neo4j or D3
- Experience developing in the Spring framework and using GUI widgets
- Experience with JDBC, Ant, JAXB, SOAP/REST web services, XML, and HTTP
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products
- Experience deploying analytics and implementing MapReduce in a big data environment (ideally Cloudera and Accumulo)
- Experience designing high performance, memory efficient algorithms
- Experience with development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of applications hosted on Windows platforms from XP - 7 as well as Unix and Linux platforms
- Experience developing Oracle 11g/12g centric databases including stored procedures
- Experience developing with TomCat 7.0 and 8.0, Eclipse, NetBeans, Subversion, and Tortoise SVN
- Experience using JIRA software throughout the agile development process
- Bachelor degree preferred (experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top