ITE Test Software Engineer II
BAE Systems is looking for Test Software Engineers to join the Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) organization.
The ITE organization's mission is to reliably deliver customer-focused, affordable test solutions which are integrated across all levels of production test. As an ITE Test Software Engineer you will use your capabilities to develop software for Test Program Sets (TPS) to provide production test solutions needed for our Electronic Warfare (EW) products. These TPS will be developed for Test Stands, Test Equipment, and Software needed to provide In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) ranging from component to systems level analog, digital and RF products.
An ITE Test Software Engineer II is responsible for developing and maintaining the test solution's software baseline, participates in integrating software and hardware for the test solution, and verifying the test software's readiness to be released for use in our factories. These responsibilities are carried out either as an individual contributor on small projects or a team member on larger efforts with direction and guidance supplied by the Integrated Test Engineering Lead (ITEL) and/or senior engineers. Additional responsibilities may include instrument driver development, migration of older software test solutions to current operating systems configurations and supporting software test verification activities to certify software test solutions are ready to be used in our factories.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science with at least two years of experience or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing software using C-based software and/or script-based languages (preferably National Instruments (NI) LabWindows/CVI and TestStand)
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Takes initiative and has a closure-oriented nature
- Desire to learn and grow skills
- Current Secret Clearance
- Experience with any of the following:
- Test program software development (drivers, utilities, executives, and Test Program Sets (TPS))
- NI software development tools: LabWindows/CVI and TestStand, experience with NI Switch Executive is a plus
- C, C++, Pearl, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), C#, or LabVIEW experience
- Test solution hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- RF circuits/assemblies, Digital, Optical, or Analog circuitry
- Various test equipment including: Power Supplies, Digital I/O, Oscilloscopes, Switch Matrices, DMMs, Counter/Timers, Thermal Controllers
- Familiarity with defense contractors or similar corporate environment
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top