ITE Test Engineer II
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
BAE Systems is looking for Test Engineers to join the Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) organization. ITE is a rapidly growing discipline within the Engineering organization with the mission to reliably deliver customer-focused, affordable test solutions which are integrated across all levels of production test. If you are energetic, forward thinking, want to make a difference in the workplace and work on exciting projects, this is the role for you.
You will use your capabilities to develop Test Program Sets (TPS) to provide production test solutions needed for our Electronic Warfare (EW) products. These TPS will be developed for Test Stands, Interface Test Adapters (ITAs) and other types of Test Equipment needed for In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) and Acceptance Tests (ATP) ranging from component to systems level analog, digital and RF products.
- An ITE Test Engineer II is responsible for developing and maintaining the test solution's baseline, participates in integrating software and hardware for the test solution, and verifying the test solution's readiness to be released for use in our factories. These responsibilities are carried out either as an individual contributor on small projects or a team member on larger efforts with direction and guidance supplied by the Integrated Test Engineering Lead (ITEL) and/or senior engineers.
- The expected responsibilities for a hardware focused test engineer may include designing analog and digital backplanes, creating interfaces to control environmental conditioning equipment and supporting hardware test verification activities to certify hardware test solutions.
- The expected responsibilities for a software focused test engineer may include developing or updating software for Test Program Sets (TPS), instrument driver development, and migration of older software to current operating system configurations.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Skilled in test program hardware OR software development
- Hardware: knowledge of test instruments and their use
- Software: C-based software and/or script-based languages (preferably National Instruments (NI) LabWindows/CVI and TestStand)
- Knowledge of test instruments and their use
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Takes initiative and has a closure-oriented nature
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering with at least two years of experience or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with any of the following:
- Test solution hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Test program software development (drivers, utilities, executives, and Test Program Sets (TPS))
- Test solution software and hardware integration
- Creating, updating, and approving hardware or software configuration in a change management tool
- Design of RF circuits/assemblies, Digital, Optical, or Analog circuitry
- Design of test adapters (Virginia Panel based integrated TAs, Cabled Fixtures, PWB Fixtures)
- NI Software development tools:
- LabWindows/CVI, TestStand, or FlexRIO
- C, C++, Pearl, Visual Basic, .Net (VB.NET), or C# experience
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top