IT System Administrator Sr
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior System Administrators to support the AF Strategic Program Information Services team. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, driving productivity and innovation. This team supports system architecture and design, infrastructure and OS level support, commercial tool integration, and application support. This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, designs, develops new system architecture. Maintains existing IT systems.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, and installing software on servers and workstations.
- Conducts capacity and performance analysis. Provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
- Uses automated tools and scripts to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with internal and external organizations to support various customer user level requirements, including resolving elevated end user support requests, and researching and deploying advanced technologies.
- Business process analysis and system requirements development.
- Implement approved system security policies to include the configuration of user access and permission across a variety of systems.
- Monitors application status; support application event triage, monitoring, tracking, and correlation and event characterization and escalation, work with vendors as needed for event resolution. Follows up with customer to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Provides technical assistance, training and system documentation for users to promote efficient operation of applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with at least 7 years of experience.
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Familiarity with documenting system functionality, source control systems and configuration/change management practices.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- Available during off hours and weekends for routine maintenance and unplanned support issues.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clearance eligible
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred skills include experience with the following:
- Experience with SIEM software, Splunk experience is a plus
- Virtualization (VMware) and cloud architectures (AWS)
- Windows and Linux OS level server experience
- Network routing and switching, load balancers, and firewalls
- Standards compliance and information assurance, including ITAR, CCA, FedRAMP, DIACAP, RMF, ITIL, CMMI
- Quality Assurance
- Prior experience training, coaching and working directly with end users About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top