IT Specialist (Senior)
Overall Responsibilities: Network and Server support, including the design, engineering, implementation and administration of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) within an Active Directory Infrastructure.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Windows Server 2003 / 2008, Exchange 2003 / 2010 servers and Windows 7 / XP Professional desktops with multiple hardware and software platforms
- Implement approved system security policies to include the configuration of Windows domain policies within Active Directory Infrastructures
- Provide secure Video Teleconferencing (VTC) support and configure client computers for external connections
- Deploy PC, server, and network hardware per approved system configurations and provide PC system troubleshooting and support for end users, including Office 2003 / 2010 suite
- Software installation and maintenance including, but not limited to, Antivirus, Operating System, Backup and Imaging software, Remote Access Software (RAS), Virtual Private Connection (VPN )and various other software products
- Knowledgeable with secure tunneling concepts to include configuration of KG-235 and KG-175 type 1 encryption devices
- Conversant with Ethernet and fiber-optic technology, layered switching concepts and IP routing
- Work closely with internal and external organizations to support various customer user and network level requirements including both routine help desk end user support, as well as researching and deploying advanced networking technologies. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Skills:
- Computer security certification (GSEC or Security+CE or SSCP or CCNA-Security) required within six months of hire. This position requires compliance with DoD 8570.01M for IAT Level II.
- Minimum of 6-7 years experience working with networking technologies in LAN/WAN environments including Windows server and desktop support.
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms, software applications, and wiring standards.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate safe working methods and procedures.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Must be willing to work above ceilings and be able to lift 40lbs.
- Must be committed to results and success in accomplishing goals, as well as a fast learner with demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements. Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
Familiarity of General Knowledge of Security Regulations:
- AFI 33-202, Network and Computer Security
- JAFAN 6/3, Protecting Special Access Program Information within Information Systems
- DCID 6/3, Protecting Sensitive Compartmented Information Within Information Systems
- ICD503, Risk Management Framework Implementation About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top