IT Senior Software Engineer/Developer
BAE is looking for a senior-level Java developer responsiblefor building Java web applications. This includes anything between complexgroups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop, web and mobile)counterparts. Responsibility will include design and develop web applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working ondifferent layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborativeproblem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education:
- 8+ years with BS or 6+ years with MS
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar technical degree.
Experience in the following software development areas:
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
Must possess strong oral & written communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education Working knowledge of
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Familiarity with Jaadin, GWT, AngularJS Java GUI
frameworks / tools
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind
a scalable application
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations,
weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools,
such as Git
- Familiarity with Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Clearance Eligible About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top