IT Security Manager
- McLean, VA
BAE Systems is seeking a talented, experienced IT Security Manager (ISM) to join our Federal IT team in the Northern Virginia area. The selected candidate will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The position will be supporting the various deployed hardware and software systems at border locations throughout the United States focusing on all travel entry and exit modalities. These modalities include air, land, and sea for entry and exit at various ports of entry.
The IT Security Manager is responsible for determining enterprise information security standards across the Program enterprise consisting of commercial and government cloud service providers, biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, and other related border security technologies.
- Designs and oversees the logical and physical Security Management infrastructure, not inclusive of physical facilities, including numerous ports of entry, colocation and commercial cloud service provider-based solutions, and thousands of IoT devices.
- Develops and maintains documented IT Security Policies, Processes and Standards;
- Collaborate with CBP staff to address program-related security requirements to obtain Interim Authorization to Operate (IATO), Authorization to Operate (ATO) and Ongoing Authorization (OA);
- Ensures IT Security functions are carried out in compliance with corporate and Government security guidelines and objectives;
- Provides guidance and assistance to new IT initiatives and projects to ensure appropriate levels of security are included with new compute and storage solutions;
- Ensures IT Security functions are carried out in compliance with legal and statutory obligations;
- Designs and oversees development of Security Management infrastructure;
- Liaisons with clients on security requirements and Incident Response;
- Reviews OLAs, SLAs to ensure compliance with Security Management goals and objectives;
- Serve as the Program's primary interface with the CBP CISO and organization;
- Provide expertise on Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST SP800, 4300-A controls support, change governance, accreditation, authorization, FISMA compliance, FedRAMP, security assessment plans.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Knowledge of enhanced data integrity and security, edge security, remote monitoring, distributed vs. centralized data processing and cloud
- (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or equivalent professional certification
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Entry on Duty (EOD) based on Full Background Investigation
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- Current CBP EOD preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top