IT Project Manager - Cost Estimator
- Nashua, NH
The Project Manager/Cost Estimator is responsible for the development of accurate, timely and detailed cost estimates in the execution of ESS-IT projects. The individual will facilitate, coordinate and document the ESS-IT Solution developed by the SMEs and other Business professionals and will prepare and deliver the cost estimate to the business for consideration. The Project Manager/Cost Estimator is also responsible for leading and managing a range of ESS-IT technical projects for BAE Systems Inc. and serves as a liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. The Project Manager/Cost Estimator prepares and develops the project management plan and identifies the technical and business resource needs. The Project Manager/Cost Estimator will drive the execution of medium and large scale projects, utilizing standardized project management tools, processes, and PMI methodologies to provide the customer the requested deliverables.
Required Skills and Education
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job;
1. Ability to build relationships and to work effectively with people of diverse social, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
2. Ability to manage many complex projects simultaneously in a team-based, fast-paced environment.
3. Proactively prioritize initiatives and have keen ability to multi-task
4. Apply defined project controls to identify, communicate, and manage project scope, project management plan, and project progress performance.
5. Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely (both written and verbal) with all key stakeholders, customers, and staff.
6. Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
7. Skills necessary to plan and track projects; operations metric performance for multiple projects; conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
8. Ability to facilitate medium to large groups of people at various organizational levels.
9. Knowledge and understanding of project planning, finance, and change management principles.
10. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Visio and Project.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
6+ years of Project Management experience preferably in Information Technology.
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top