IT Project Manager
Candidate will provide support within The Department of Homeland Security’s Financial Management Division. The individual will be responsible for the management of schedule, scope and risk for a major financial system implementation within the Department of Homeland Security. Activities include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with federal government clients on the development of an integrated master schedule (in MS Project)
- Coordinating project activities across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Participates in weekly project reporting including collecting and reporting status and metrics and developing program management presentations.
- Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Provides technical and operational support and services to ensure quality assurance standards are met in providing support to various project tasks.
- Works as a Deputy Program Manager working with executives within the Financial Management Division
- Establishes an enterprise PMO framework with governance structure
- Initiates corrective action through appropriate channels to support task problems and risk
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education • Candidate must have a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Federal Financial management experience (preferably with Oracle based systems)
- Prior experience managing a financial system implementation within the federal government (preferably in a PMO setting)
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills to include: stakeholder management, change management, risk management, and schedule management
- Ability to develop and author Project Charter, Concept of Operations, and other PM artifacts.
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter
- Experience serving as a trusted adviser to C-Suite government executives
- Expertise with all Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint for project communication and tracking
Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures and the ability to leverage federalresources, working through influence to accomplish deliverables.
Preferred Skills and Education Experience leading/supporting UAT- Experience within DHS -PMO experience About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top