IT Project Manager
IT/Software Development ProjectManager
The position will be focused on leading the day-to-day interactions and activities of the software development team specifically focused on gateway portal and custom workflow-based applications. The candidate will interface with the product,support, professional services and client teams to provide exceptional leadership in the face of future platform expansion. It will involve responsibility for those working on both front and back-end development. May participate in the design and/or testing phases. Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary. We’d like this person to have experience bringing to fruition effective customer focused deliverables. The candidate will be results and output oriented, well adept at creating and executing structured processes within very dynamic and varied environment. In this role you will be expected to proactively participate in every facet of a deliverable, e.g. defining and documenting requirements & functional specifications, coordinating project and workflow activities and interfacing with customer product managers. Additionally the candidate will prioritize tasks, required competencies, allocations and effectively resolving day-to-day issues, remediation risks, validating data, and any other activities that are part of a deliverable.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Clearance with polygraph – candidate will not be considered
- 5+ years experience as a Project Coordinator in a technical environment
- 3+ years IT Project Management experience
- Ability to function as a Scrum Master ;certification or experience as a Scrum Master preferred.
- Understand object oriented design patterns and best practices involving Ruby on Rails (RoR) and/or other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and/or Git.
- Experience with evaluating and refining software design documents, and contributing to process improvements to drive change.
- Background in applying coding principles and procedures, along with conducting code
- Must understand the ‘language’ of software and web development
- Experience working with formal Project Management processes with emphasis in Agile and similar management techniques
- Effective Listening Skills
- Strong people coordination skills
- Strong meeting facilitator skills
- Understands audience – who needs to be involved and when
- Ensures open communication on the project team; addresses delicate situations and
handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure
- Strong but friendly personality –able to keep people at task without coming off as offensive
- Highly organized and efficient –with meeting, notes, plans, action lists
- Communicates in an honest manner to truly reflects the project state
- Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to team, stakeholders and all levels of management and documented appropriately
- Manage stakeholders expectations
- Recommends information technology strategies,policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirement
- Strong documentation experience
- Ability to work with multiple departments and adapt to the needs of each team and individual in order to accomplish goals
- Someone who is entrepreneurial. Willing to be accountable and drive all aspects of a
- Self-driven / Self-motivated / Self-starter – someone with the confidence to “go for it”
- Works well with ambiguous / conflicting direction
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking
state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Doesn’t mind following up over and over and over to get the job finished
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is highly desired.
- Awareness of or experience with automated regression testing.
- Project management experience
- Experience with Unit testing, automated deployment, and continuous integration (JIRA preferred)
- Knowledge of full life-cycle, object-oriented software development
Bonus but NOT Required
- PMP certified
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top