IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Lead System Integrator (LSI) located at the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC) in San Diego, CA. The LSI is looking for support with planning, design, development, integration, and testing of Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) increment 2 Fleet Capability Releases which will be developed using Agile software methodologies under the direction of the Government.
The LSI IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer shall provide support in the system administration of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure by maintaining and integrating all environments in support of the DCGS-N Inc 2 development lifecycle.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related work experience.
- Ability to maintain all environments to include the lab and data center.
- Knowledge of integration in all environments to include cloud based environments.
- Proficient in integrating products and optimizing system performance.
- Knowledge of development operations best practices for system administration.
- Ability to maintain Cyber Security and Vulnerability assessment compliance.
- Ability to conduct routine system administration duties.
- Proficient in installing lab workstations hardware and software.
- Ability to provide system administration support to the engineering team.
- Certifications to be in compliance with DoD 8570.01-M (Security+ & OS certifications).
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Preferred Skills and Education -Knowledge of SCI and SIPR environment networks.
- Knowledge system engineering processes.
- Knowledge of DCGS-N systems.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top