IT Database Administrator I
BAE Systems is seeking a part-time IT Database Administrator I (DBA) to support the AF Strategic Program Information Services team. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, which will help drive productivity and innovation. This team supports system design and development, commercial tool integration, and application maintenance. This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, design, develop, tune, test, document, and maintain various data systems, including Oracle databases.
- Work with internal and external organizations to support project requirements, including resolving elevated end user support requests, and researching and deploying advanced technologies.
- Implement approved system security policies to include the configuration of user access and permission across a variety of systems
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Familiarity with documenting system functionality, source control systems and configuration management practices
- Clearance eligible
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred skills:
- Oracle database administration (including performance tuning and optimization, backups, restores, and recovery)
- SQL skills (creating queries, scripts, tables, views, etc.)
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Data Analysis experience
- Data manipulation and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) experience
- Java and JSON experience
Any prior experience in the following is a plus:
- software development
- software testing
- quality assurance
- maintaining standards compliance
- system administration
- coaching and working directly with end users is a plus About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top