IT Configuration Control Specialist
- Candidate will be part of a team tasked to develop, maintain, and ensure the accuracy of an Enterprise Configuration Management Database (CMDB) supporting a large, global, Department of Defense (DoD) network.
- Responsible for contributing to ITIL and eTOM based processes and procedures for the identification, change control, and successful execution of configuration items and their retention.
- Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentations, design documentation, software, and related documents.
- Supports the change process so only approved and validated changes are incorporated
- Supports audits to validate baseline requirements are met by as-built software
- Supports configuration management audits and quality assurance reviews.
- Will become efficient at utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SolarWinds, Remedy, and other applications to support configuration management and control activities.
- Helps conduct technical analysis to support developing and maintaining DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF) views and other network architecture documents. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Knowledge of networks/computers/servers
- Understanding of configuration management functions
- Ability to work with senior officials in a dynamic environment
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience
- Must hold a DoD 8570 IAT baseline certification. This is an A+(CE), Network+ (CE), Security+ (CE), SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate) certification
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance Preferred Skills and Education Microsoft certification
ITILv3 Foundations or higher certification
Configuration Management II (CMII) certification or equivalent
Understand of the purpose for DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF) and ability to create DODAF views. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top