IT Application Administration Architect
BAE Systems is seeking an IT Application Architect to support the Air Force Solutions, Strategic Systems, Information Services team. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, driving productivity and innovation. This position supports infrastructure teams, security teams, OS level support teams, and focuses primarily on supporting application development. This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
Leads an in-house application administration team to complete projects on time using Agile methodologies.
Coordinates with local and remote technical teams to plan, schedule, track, and verify their deliverables.
Plans, designs, develops new application architecture.
Maintains existing Windows based IT servers and applications.
Works with Management to develop estimates and analysis of alternative documents.
Duties may include application architecture, setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing software on servers and workstations, and responding to urgent system alerts and leading debugging and resolution efforts to restore the production environments to online status.
Conducts capacity and performance analysis and proactively proposes changes to prepare the platform to scale ahead of demand. Executes system configuration change and upgrade plans.
Uses automated tools and scripts to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Work with internal and external organizations to support various customer user level requirements, including resolving elevated end user support requests, and researching and deploying advanced technologies.
Business process analysis and system requirements development.
Implement approved system security policies to include the configuration of user access and permission across a variety of systems.
Monitors application status; support application event triage, monitoring, tracking, and correlation and event characterization and escalation, work with vendors as needed for event resolution. Follows up with customer to ensure issue has been resolved.
Provides technical assistance, training and system documentation for users to promote efficient operation of applications.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Able to perform occasional work after hours and on weekends.
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: A Bachelor of Science degree with at least 7 years of experience or Masters of Science with at least 5 years of experience.
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
- Experience leading technical teams to deliver IT solutions.
- Experience with network and security architecture.
- Experience with Windows operating systems and concepts.
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills
- The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends when required
- CompTIA Security+ or other DoD 8570 - IAT Level II certification, or able to obtain IAT Level II certification within 6 months of employment
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred skills include experience with the following:
- CISSP, CASP CE or other DoD 8570 - IAT Level III certification
- JIRA and SharePoint administration experience
- Virtualization (VMware) and cloud architectures (AWS)
- Windows and/or Linux OS level server experience
- Network routing and switching, load balancers, and firewalls
- Standards compliance and information assurance, including ITAR, CCA, FedRAMP, DIACAP, RMF, ITIL, CMMI
- Quality Assurance
- Prior experience training, coaching and working directly with end users
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top