This position will be part of a team responsible for supporting an exciting, mission critical applications and data science environment to understand and analyze a wide variety of information. This position is responsible supporting the production and test systems for a project’s Linux and Windows Server environments, which entails hands-on IT assignments requiring technical expertise necessary to implement systems administration strategies support leading edge research within a data intensive, environment.
This position has daily interaction with our customer, and as such requires customer focus. Effective communication skills, flexibility, a strong teamwork approach, and the desire to work in an exciting environment are necessary for success. Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain existing development and production Windows Server & Linux Server systems as well as architect, document, test, and deploy new systems to support user requirements.
- Responsible for building and maintaining documentation for production and development systems.
- Responsible for documenting and rehearsing disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Ensure that all systems are maintained and updated to required patch levels throughout the lifecycle of the system, including configuration management through automation.
- Write scripts to automate administrative functions and provide a more consistent work flow for the program.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Tier hardware and software support to end-users.
- Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests to repair systems that are not performing correctly. Document repair in ticketing system, and if appropriate publish in the knowledgebase. Communicate issues and timeframes for issue resolution to the customer.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and software in infrastructure racks.
- Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies.
- Assume other duties / projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department.
- Participate in On-Call group to provide assistance in the event of a production system outage – outages are infrequent. Candidate must be willing to work occasional weekends to meet mission demands Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Skills:
- Knowledge of server-class hardware and networked storage systems
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Hadoop environments (YARN, Hive, Pig, HFDS)
- Ability to document a technical process into a step-by-step manual
- Knowledge of Windows 7/ Windows Server 2012 Operating System
- Knowledge of Puppet or other CM Tools.
- General working knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Working knowledge of network equipment
A qualified candidate should be able to:
- Install and configure ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Data Store, and the Web Adaptor
- Publish and administer GIS services
- Efficiently use the Esri licensing model
- Deploy appropriate GIS services to host on-premises or in the cloud
- Make GIS services and resources available through ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
- Diagnose and improve the performance of map services
- Setup map and image service caching
- Monitor the health of different components of the system
- Perform site administration tasks
- Secure the ArcGIS Server site
- Manage data stores Preferred Skills and Education A qualified candidate should be familiar with tools such as:
- DAP, Active Directory, IIS, J2EE application servers
- System monitoring tools
- Ready-to-use apps, the ArcGIS Web APIs, and App templates About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top