Individual will be the single Security Representative for all aspects of the facility security. Will perform as FSO and ISSM of the Endicott, NY facility and ISSM/IAM of the Rome, NY facility. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret and enforce government and company security provide direction and guidance to program personnel.
- Interface with program managers and maintain liaison with Defense Security Service Representatives, US Government Special Security Officers/Program Security Officers
- Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD-254’s and security guidance
- Develop and revise program level security plans, procedures and instructions
- Provide classification guidance to employees
- Provide support in security education and awareness training, conducting security briefings, supporting security self-inspections and Government Security audits, and investigating security incidents
- Support other security disciplines within the SAP/SCI and DoD Collateral programs to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Assurance (IA), Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control, and Visitor Control
- Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the information Assurance program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to): NISPOM, JSIG, ICD 503 and associated regulations
- Components of the IA program include Certification and Accreditation/Assessment and Authorization activities (document preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.) security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file tranfers, etc.), conducting self inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Oversee and report on, with minimal supervision, isolated projects requiring Security/IA support
- Able to interface with IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives
Travel will be required to support the Rome, NY facility. Other travel may be required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Individual must be able to obtain IA certifications to maintain 8570 compliance.
- Working knowledge of the National Industrial Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Facility Security Officer Training and certification required within 90 days of hire
- Ability to apply information system knowledge to other government compliance documents (NISPOM, JSIG, DCID, ICD, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation process
- Must be flexible to work with limited supervision
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top