ISR Software Engineering Section Manager
BAE Systems is looking for a first line functional manager with leadership experience in addition to being a senior member of a Software organization. This position requires the candidate be a supervisor to 8-12 other Software Engineers while also contributing to a program or project.
- Development of the engineers in your section
- Day-to-day staffing assignments
- Participation in the hiring process
- Evaluation of your engineers’ performance
- Mentoring of junior engineers and ensuring the members of your section adhere to company policies and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering or Scientific field and 12 + years experience
- Ability to lead other engineers while interfacing with fellow and more senior managers in the organization
- People skills with the ability to be a good listener and advocate for your engineers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to document and describe software designs and implementation
- Working knowledge of a formal SW development lifecycle
- Eligible for, or currently possessing, a Secret clearance or higher
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- Strong C++ and/or JAVA programming skills
- Experienced in producing Objected Oriented designs
- SIGINT/COMINT, signal processing domain experience
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to estimate cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work, change requests, or other documentation related to a new or modified program proposal.
- Current Top Secret clearance and ability to successfully obtain an SCI
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top