I&S - HR Director
The Intelligence & Security Human Resources team is looking for a dynamic, strategic, results driven Human Resources professional to join a fun, high-paced HR team in McLean, VA! This role reports to the Sector HR Vice President. This individual will serve as an HR leader working with the business to help drive business objectives, provide counsel to leadership and oversee the implementation of HR and business processes. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of HR business partners in support of a large business area within the I&S sector.
The HR leader role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives and driving HR functional excellence. Successful candidates will demonstrate ability to:
- Partner with leadership to create a culture that supports the strategy for business growth.
- Use data driven HR business insights to provide solutions and recommendations to management.
- Support and execute the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of high-value added HR processes that support business goals and objectives.
- Formulate partnerships across the business to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Act as a change agent for key business change and as an advocate in the communication of HR changes.
- Collaborate with managers to resolve everyday issues and develop short and long term HR strategies and solutions designed to achieve optimal departmental performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Partner and coach managers on effectively engaging employees and addressing employee relations issues.
- Collaborate with Centers of Expertise (COE) and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure delivery of world class cost effective HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ relevant measures of success.
- Manage Labor Relations. Establish and maintain positive union/management relations through the administration of collective bargaining agreements. May act as chief spokesperson for the business area in negotiations and resolution of disputes, including grievances.
- Collaborate with Centers of Expertise (COE) and other functions to provide guidance/expertise to resolve employee and business issues involving the Service Contract Act (SCA).
- Support the development of a work force strategy and collaborate with Talent Acquisition to translate strategy into an executable plan.
- Manages organizational change. Develops and implements workforce plans. Proactively plans for hiring critical talent and devises strategies to shape workforce. Influences and drives key hiring decisions. Develops and executes action plans to develop leaders and key talent in the organization.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to policies, procedures and services based on trends and business needs
- Provides leadership and guidance to HRBPs.
Required Skills and Education Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and more than 15 years of Human Resources experience including leadership positions with people management responsibilities.
- Strong business acumen regarding work in the services business and an understanding of the fundamental financial drivers used in this industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence HR professionals in a shared services environment.
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices and a demonstrated ability to provide solutions in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team of exempt HR professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change management activities in the organization.
- Demonstrated track record of ability to influence situations to a positive outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proven experience working as a business partner with a leadership team.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and working in an environment which requires flexibility. Experience developing and delivering effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong HR Acumen in employment regulations.
- Experience with Service Contract Act (SCA) and/or Labor Relations
- Ability to received and maintain a security clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- Master’s Degree
- Active Security Clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top