IP Voice (Telephone) / Network Techician
Provide Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP) technical support for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Work directly with DISA leadership, field engineers, Internet Service Provider (ISP) Network Operations Centers (NOCs), and Cisco and Juniper Technical Assistance Centers. Develop call volume reports upon request, provide Tier II escalation support, routing and switching escalation support, and direct federal government engineering support services. Remotely integrate and manage Cisco Call-managers, Voice Gateways, Cisco Switches and Cisco ASA Firewalls located worldwide. Ensure the network comprising of Cisco and Juniper equipment is fully functional by daily reviews of logs and other indicators of potential issues. Provide consultation for dial plan design, cluster design, Call Manager implementation, and BGP, IGP, IP Multicast, VLAN, capacity planning, and Quality of Service (QoS) design, configuration and implementation.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledge of IP routing and switched network topologies.
- Hold and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Experience working with Cisco and/or Juniper equipment to include call managers.
- Understanding of VOIP technology.
- Must hold and maintain at least one of the following DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certifications:
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Security+ (with Continuing Education (CE))
- CompTIA Advance Security Practitioner (CASP) (CE)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GAIC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- International Information Systems Security Certifications Consortium ((ISC)2) System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (or Associate)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
ITIL Foundations certification.
Cisco and/or Juniper certification(s)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top