Inventory Support Specialist IV
- Responsible for monitoring and location accuracy of warehouse materials.
- Investigates Inventory discrepancies in the warehouse inventory system and execute necessary improvements towards better business performance.
- Pulls and issues inventory based on Pick list provided by Planners for material needed on shop floor.
- Works directly with Materials Manager to bring them up to date regarding stock inflow and outflow.
- Compile inventory information and present it to management for effective decision making, which may include the need for restock and reorder points.
- Review balance of inventory monitoring inventory levels and system integrity.
- Provides recommendations to management for policy changes regarding inventory
- Runs reorder report/releases requisitions for both Direct and MRO warehouses.
- Shares the responsibility of self development with immediate supervisor.
- Complies with company safety policies and maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as necessary and appropriate to this position.
Required Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 + years warehouse/inventory control background experience; or Associate degree + additional 2 years experience.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge Excel, Word
- Experience or exposure to MAPICS or ability to learn to navigate through the appropriate MAPICS modules.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- A working knowledge of Lean principles.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, multitasking environment.
1 Year of experience with MAPICS
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top