Inventory Material Planner I
Works under general direction and guidance of the Department Manager/Supervisor and is responsible for all inventory planning and scheduling of manufactured and/or subcontractor provided parts through Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to support tooling, prototype, and/or production manufacturing. Provides information to Material Planners, Government Property Administrator and Material Handlers. Familiar with a variety of the organizational concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as, a complete understanding of material planning and inventory control. This position relies on experience and judgment in inventory to organize, plan and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties.
1. Maintains MMAS compliance policies, safety objectives, safety stock of materials and issue codes as applicable to Production.
2. Ensures the Cycle Counting Program is executed per plan utilizing ABC Value Classifications to set count frequencies and accuracy parameters. Works closely with Material Handlers to ensure process and inventory balance intergrity. Performs analysis of data to identify root cause issues and takes proactive steps to prevent similar issues in the future.
3. Maintains appropriate documents and resolves discrepancies relating to inventory material, tooling and fixtures belonging to BAE and Government Property.
4. Interfaces, with limited supervision, frequently with Procurement, Quality, Government Property, Planning, Engineering Support and Manufacturing as well as other LOB plant personnel to acquire components and clear up discrepancies.
5. Prevents anticipated shortages by utilizing shortage report and simulated pick lists; takes action required to clear part shortages (i.e. expediting, material transfers, substitutions, etc.).
6. May assist with the development of project material strategies in order to maintain minimum inventory investment by maximizing turns as well as prudent planning during contract start-ups and change implementation; helps to identify situations that will reduce excess/obsolete inventory.
7. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
8. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
9. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
High School Diploma or equivalent plus additional 6 years relevant experience in inventory planning/coordinating function.
Must have a minimum of 2 years inventory experience.
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Effective communication skills are required, written and verbal with emphasis on the latter. Must be capable of communicating with various levels within the organization from the Shop Floor to Plant Management as well as external parties within the Company and the Customer community.
Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills
Ability to obtain a Security Clearance. Preferred Skills and Education
Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database development programs (such as Word, Excel, BaaN (ERP system) and Business Objects).
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top