This position is supporting a federal customer and requires U.S. Citizenship and an active high level security clearance. Must be eligible for clearance upgrade and able to take/pass a polygraph.
Requires schedule flexibility to work flexible/odd hours, as needed, to support mission needs.
Intrusion Analyst will work with a team of dedicated cyber professionals that thrive on the challenges of mission centric tasking. This job will be based in the Chantilly, VA area and require travel (estimated 25%) to participate with incident responses and field activities.
The overall project work involves Intrusion Analysis, Network Forensics and Technical Profiling, Malware / Binary Reverse Engineering, and Research and Requirements gathering. In addition, the project will maintain existing automated forensic and malware analysis tools and develop, deploy, operate, and maintain new automated tools, systems, and processes.
Analyst will conduct digital forensic analysis on static and/or dynamic media for various devices, to include; computers and related peripherals, and portable and gaming devices; document process, findings, and conclusion; handle evidence; communicate status updates with to government personnel and customers; conduct quality/peer reviews on all deliverables prior to being furnished to the government.
Throughout the period of performance (POP), requests are submitted tracked via TAU's source control, ticket tracking, workflow, and documentation systems. The contractor shall participate in meetings wherein support requirements and status updates are provided, clarified and documented. In this manner, the contractor shall have first-hand knowledge and input to services offered to TAU customers. Requirements are revised continuously and reprioritized as necessary by the Government Program Manager.
Digital forensics analysis and support may also be required in direct support of operational/investigative activities. This support may require travel, long/odd work-hours, and assistance with the analytics during incident response. This support will likely be dynamic and fluid to respond effectively to mission needs. Examples of support include, but are not limited to, writing scripts to automate the ingestion or processing of data; and providing technical guidance or requirements in support of suspect interviews and evidence seizure. The location of support will vary based upon mission needs and may not be at an FBI location. The candidate may testify as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) when required. Will assist in the development of automated tools to accomplish forensic analysis activities more efficiently.
Typical Education & Experience
4+ years of work-related experience.
Bachelor degree preferred. May consider additional years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
Continuing Education requirement of 200 documented hours completed in specific forensic related areas.
Required Skills and Education
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- US Citizenship
- Current Top Secret clearance, eligibility for TS/SCI upgrade, and able to take/pass a CI polygraph
- 4+ years of direct work-related experience in the areas of digital forensic analysis and digital activity assessment; intrusion analysis; and packet data analysis.
- Experience supporting investigative activities/field activities
- Experience conducting quality peer reviews on work product and deliverables
- Experience writing scripts to automate the ingestion or processing of data
- Completion of two hundred (200) hours of formal, accredited training in related digital forensics technical specialty area. Must be able to provide documentation to demonstrate Continuing Professional Education credits/units shall have been received for all 200 hours of accredited training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate details with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to create and deliver detailed technical presentations for potential use in court proceedings is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Availability to meet changing shifts/hours, as required
- Availability to travel, as required (estimated at 25%)
Ability to create and deliver detailed technical presentations for potential use in court proceedings is highly desired.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top