Internship while attending school
The Electronic Systems' Engineering Department is seeking candidates interested in systems/software engineering internships (approximately December 2018 through June 2019) supporting all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts in engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering support to the design, development of artifacts in the requirements, design, code, and test phases.
- Obtain working knowledge of company tools.
- Support testing of prototype or deliverable hardware. Document and present results.
- Develop or improve processes and other procedures to enhance efficiency in producing products.
Required Skills/Education include:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering
- Completed a minimum of one year of college (sophomore status) with a 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent academic record. Lower GPA considered if coupled with relevant experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Good organizational, planning and follow-up skills
- Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
- At least one course in software programming (preferably C)
Preferred Skills include:
- Interested in a career at BAE Systems
- Ability to research and apply engineering principles and theories to solve engineering problems
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top