International Trade Compliance, Principal
BAE Systems Platforms and Services is currently seeking a Import/Export Analyst to support the Legal Department in Sterling Heights, MI.
Job Summary :
Prepare license applications and agreements and monitors the export and import of technical data, hardware, and services in accordance with company policy and U.S. Government export regulations and laws.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
Preparation, administration, submittal and maintenance of export licenses, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA), Temporary Admission (ATA) Carnets, import certificates and miscellaneous correspondence to BAE Systems Inc. for submittal to the Department of State and Department of Commerce.
Submit Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) permits as necessary.
Review and approve foreign visitor and international travel authorizations.
Review all presentation/briefing and other information provided to foreign visitors for compliance with licenses and regulations prior to release outside of the company. Provide guidance on what data is allowed to be presented to the foreign visitor and what restrictions may apply.
Coordinate with program personnel to gather detailed information, review proposals, contracts and/or purchase orders and support technical programmatic discussion/meetings for all products. Ensure program personnel are aware of the limits of each license. Support program objectives and schedules by processing licenses, applications and paperwork in a timely manner.
Review international shipping documents and import documentation to ensure correct information is correct and work with the personnel compiling this information to correct any discrepancies. Ensure correct documentation from Custom broker for accuracy, ensure that the correct Harmonized Tariff Code and authorization has been used.
Maintain all export related records as required by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) in the Export Management System.
Support all internal, external and government export/import audits.
Maintain current knowledge and understanding of changes/enhancements to the ITAR, EAR and BATFE regulations through attendance at relevant seminars, BAE Systems training, and/or other self-study.
Mentor new and developing export team members.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Experience in preparation and submittal of Department of State (DOS), International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) licenses and agreements, Department of Commerce (DOC) Export Administration Regulation (EAR) licenses, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) permits
- Experience as Empowered Official
- Experience working with Customs Brokers to facilitate imports to the site
- Attention to detail is a must Preferred Skills and Education – Bachelor Degree in Import/Export Compliance, International Business, Business Administration, Business Management
- Import/Export Certification preferred
- OCR Export Management System Experience
- Experience with ITAR licensing including (DSP-5, DSP-73, DSP-61), Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreement (MLA) About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top