Intelligence Systems Program Manager
BAE Systems is seeking a strong,well-seasoned and experienced senior Program Manager for the Intelligence Systems Business Area. The Program Manager will lead a critical collection mission system program. The Program Manager will have extensive understanding of ground segment software in the area of mission planning and scheduling systems and supporting concepts of operations.
Program Manager is accountable for all aspects of assigned program execution (cost, schedule, technical performance and customer engagement) with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial performance, and organic (follow-on andre-compete) business growth while meeting contractual requirements. The Program Manager has the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project and acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer system program office and key customer stakeholders.
Program Manager is responsible and accountable to the Line Management for program execution, profitability,timeliness, and overall success. Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans
Ensures that program commitments are met and accomplished in line with the Intelligence Systems Business Area business objectives.
Required Skills and Education Minimum Education and Experience
- Required Skills
Required education: Bachelor Degree
in a technical field; or in Business or Management and 15 years of experience;
Master’s degree (preferred).
- Strong customer focus and experience with relationship building, including ability to effectively
communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels within the customer community.
- Ensures customers are informed on status and progress of the program.
- Ensures the coordination of work tasks with key
customer stakeholders and customer representatives.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of BAE Systems senior management regarding program performance
status (cost / schedule / resources / risk) as well as performance to annual financial objectives.
- Proficient with developing program/project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and, allocation of available resources.
- Directs and monitors work results for meeting customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at
completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
- Regularly evaluates performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement
of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using standard metrics
- Identifies and develops opportunities to increase the value of the project(s) under his/her purview,
and to capture new projects.
- Ability to lead the development of capture plans, directs the development of preparation of proposals in response
to various customer requests.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills and Education
- PMP/PMI, ITIL Certifications
- Experience with Source needs management operations and systems About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top