Integrated Transceiver Chipsets Technology Development
BAE Systems FAST Labs™ is seeking qualified candidates to develop solutions to our next generation broadband multi-function DoD systems covering low MHz to 300 GHz applications. These highly integrated broadband systems leverage technology advancements across the materials, RF/mmWave, mixed-signal and digital ASIC, and advanced packaging domains. Mission needs necessitate innovations in chipset architectures and integration approaches that combine these technology advancements. In particular, strong collaboration vertically and laterally across development efforts in these domains is paramount to rapidly responding to defense needs in continually decreasing size, weight, power, and cost envelopes.
The candidate for this position is expected to oversee and shepherd a portfolio of integrated transceiver technologies. They are to engage with external and internal customers-including government R&D organizations such as DARPA, ONR, etc.-to build, win, and execute programs that support the development of integrated transceiver technology. Additionally, the candidate is expected to support defining and advancing the Integrated Chipset Solutions (ICS) and Advanced Electronics (AE) technical and programmatic roadmaps.
This position can be based out of our San Diego, CA; Burlington, MA; Lexington, MA; Columbia, MD; Merrimack, NH; Arlington, VA; Reston, VA; or Austin, TX facilities, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading projects at the cutting edge of technology
- Track record of technical innovation as evidenced by journal and conference publications or patent filings
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial drive
- Knowledge of highly integrated RF and mmWave transceivers, with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- RF system architecture design
- Advanced microelectronics packaging
- Digital system architecture and design
- Up-to-date with state-of-the-art commercial or DoD RF/mmWave, mixed-signal, digital, or advanced packaging technologies
- Anticipated eligibility for clearance at the Secret level or higher
- Masters or PhD in electrical engineering or related field
- Prior experience as principal investigator on DoD R&D programs
- Specific expertise leading programs in wideband mmWave transceivers, low-power electronics, and 2.5D and 3D packaging.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top