Integrated Test Engineer Developer/Lead
BAE Systems is looking for a Principle Test Engineer. This Test Engineers will participate in test requirement development to create clearly defined and structured Test Requirement Specifications (TRSs) and Test Design Description (TDD) documents for a given product to support In-Process, Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) testing, and then use them to develop high level test scripts that sequence the test events into a product Test Program Set (TPS). They will then be responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and releasing the TPS that meets those requirements. Principle Test Engineers will also be involved in team leadership and dynamics. Principle Test Engineers may also report test engineering team progress through periodic status reports and use earned value metrics to track and report progress.
Types of product that the Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for include: board level tests using boundary scan, module level tests of analog, digital, RF, and hybrid systems at the assembly, Line Replaceable Card/Module/Unit, and subsystem levels using both vendor supplied and custom measurement and test instruments. Responsibilities will also include the development of instrument drivers, utilities, and executables used to support testing and verification activities, such as the command, control, and measurement of ancillary support equipment such as thermal chambers, product chillers, and other environmental conditioning equipment for system development, production, and sustainment testing activities.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Possess a complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of Test Engineering with a general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, where solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Work under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Will have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts, representing the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Understanding the need for and be an advocate of disciplined approaches (requirements, processes, and practices)
- Experience with the application of industry standards related to testing
- Skilled in test program software development (drivers, utilities, executives, and Test Program Sets (TPS))
- Working knowledge of test solution hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Skilled in test solution software and hardware integration
- Have a clear understanding of test architectures and software abstractions
- Be capable of collaboration, conformance, and compromise on departmental special projects and initiatives
- Have a closure-oriented and self-directed nature.
- Experience developing test products using C-based software and various script-based languages, preferably National Instruments (NI) LabWindows/CVI and TestStand Preferred Skills and Education – Current Secret clearance
- Competency with NI software development tools LabWindows, and TestStand, experience with NI Switch Executive is a plus;
- Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), C#, or LabVIEW experience is a plus.
- Competency with design and performance testing of RF circuits/assemblies, Digital, Optical, or Analog circuitry;
- Familiarity with defense contractors or similar corporate environment;
- Management skills for setting up and executing test development programs;
- Familiarity with principles of cost account management
- Familiarity with earned-value program tracking and reporting
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top