Insider Threat System Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Insider Threat System Analyst position in support of a government customer’s insider threat program. The selected candidate must have hands on experience with security controls and tools used to assess a system’s security; understanding of architectural system support to the mission; experience implementing solutions that mitigate vulnerabilities of critical systems; a firm grasp of how to support the mission through the architecture of the system and to incorporate the business processes of the client to accomplish the insider threat support.
- Identify targeted and persistent threats on customer networks and make recommendations for managing the threats.
- Conduct network and digital forensics.
- Strong understanding of the hardware and software in support of the mission
- Convey, both orally and in writing, proposed solutions
- Strong ability to evaluate the timelines and level of effort for technical tasks
- Provide dynamic client support in the form of planning and/or execution.
- Assist with the evaluation of new products and technologies.
- Make recommendations for improving procedures.
- Create content (correlation rules, queries, dashboards, reports, etc.) in industry leading SIEM tools such as Splunk.
- Support and participate in engineering efforts such as tool integration, development of automation scripts, testing of new tools and evaluation of new technologies.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – BA/BS degree in Information Technology or Information Security or Computer Science or another related field of study or equivalent 9 to 12 years performing cyber threat intelligence analysis.
- Technical skills proficiency in the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication, installation, malware types), intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, open source information collection.- Report writing proficiency.
- Basic to intermediate ability to build intrusion related data visualizations and perform analysis.
- Strong understanding of US Intelligence Community and how cyber intelligence organizations work together.
- Experience performing security assessments for Intel and DoD organizations as required by Director, Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3, DoD Joint Security Implementation Guide (DJSIG), Risk Management Framework, ICD 503, CNSS 1253, NIST 800-53, 53(a), 800-37, 800-39.
- Recent experience (last 3 years) performing NETFLOW or PCAP analysis using common analysis tools (Wireshark, etc).
- Ability to present technical information and analysis to large and small groups depending on the customer requirement.
- Self-starter with the ability to engage with CI and cyber intelligence analyst counterparts across the US Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities.
- Ability to modify the architecture of the system to gain efficiencies for both data collection and the ability to avoid system bottlenecks.
TS/SCI clearance and CI Polygraph are required.
Preferred Skills and Education
- 8570 Certification: CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS, Network+, CCNA
- Experience in creating and/or modification of Systems Architecture
- Advanced Data Visualization proficiency leveraging COTS/GOTS tools
- Technical Skills proficiency: encryption technologies/standards
- Intermediate malware analysis or digital computer forensics experience
- Any type of Cyber related Law Enforcement, Insider Threat or Counterintelligence experience
- Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat activity
- Malware handling and reverse engineering.
- Experience working closely with law enforcement and/or analysts during the investigation of security incidents
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top