In-Process Inspector 2
The Manassas Circuit Card Manufacturing Factory seeks an experienced quality in process inspector to perform optical microscope inspections on moderate to complex assemblies, subassemblies and systems to ensure compliance to applicable quality specifications and standards.
- Work from specifications, drawings, process instructions, engineering change orders, written and verbal instruction to inspect components subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards such as NASA standards and J standard (i.e., proper component orientation, masking, soldering, conformal coating, etc.).
- Identify and document defects and input data into the appropriate systems for future review. Inspect subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected.
- Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity to the most recent revision.
- Maintains required records.
- Conducts process audits in all phases of manufacturing and inspection (i.e., calibration, materials, process sheets, etc.) to confirm processes are being accurately followed.
- Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues (i.e., clarification of engineering change orders) and problem resolution.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Minimum Education and Experience High School Diploma Required Skills and Education · High school diploma
- Ability to read, understand, and follow process instructions, design drawings, and other related documentation used for the inspection of components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Ability to utilize various tools such as calipers, microscopes, gauges, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to meet specified certification requirements per Company and customer standards. Normally acquired through a minimum of two (2) years of in-process inspection experience.
Preferred Skills and Education Experience with the quality inspection of complex circuit card assemblies for at least 2-5 years
Hold J- standard certification or NASA standard certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top