Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Infrastructure Operations Engineer who shall provide technical leadership in the investigation, design, and implementation of physical and virtualized infrastructure systems.
- Create plans to ensure necessary maintenance to support system health is performed by junior staff.
- Plan, schedule and conduct the installation of new or modified hardware and associated operating systems, and software applications.
- Design and conduct tests and evaluations of infrastructure systems. Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through modeling and planning.
- Plan new server and storage configurations and integration into existing infrastructure to maintain optimal performance.
- Provide solutions that incorporate concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
- Prepare complex work prints and schematics to define and illustrate infrastructure deployments and solutions.
- Identify and recommend new design tools for use in new infrastructure projects.
- Evaluate projected usage of CPU, storage, memory and network bandwidth to ensure future procurement planning and service delivery.
- Participate in and influence marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for infrastructure projects.
- Plan, design, and implement network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of infrastructure assets.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend new infrastructure administrative systems to ensure accurate systems inventory and timely implementation.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Strong communications skills.
Developing and deploying cloud based virtual applications.
Interfacing and developing proxy servers
Network engineering, operations, and maintenance
Configuring, deploying, and managing systems using full suite of VMware products
Scripting using Python
Network security engineering. Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years’ experience to be equivalent to having no degree plus 12 years’ experience supporting a project of similar size and scope or Master’s degree plus 4 years’ experience or a Ph.D. with 1 year experience.
Scripting experience preferably using Python
Experience with Cisco and SOPHOS network components About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top