Responsible for implementing engineering solutions to fulfill business requirements using sound, proven, industry best practices and in accordance with architectural standards and engineering methodology. Assists with the analysis and resolution of complex issues related to cloud infrastructure components such as infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and software as a service. Additional responsibilities include cloud storage management, backup, virtualization, monitoring and management tools, business continuity, high availability solutions, creating and managing billing statements, providing hardware estimates, supporting hardware and related applications. Analyzes, coordinates, and implements infrastructure projects. Monitors system performance and capacity, and provides periodic system status reports to department management. Analyzes reports to identify trends and opportunities for process and technology enhancements. Provides cost and trend analysis and resolutions to critical Infrastructure problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Work with a team of engineers on the strategic planning on AWS cloud design and deployment requirements.
- Create AWS cloud functional design specifications and implementation plans.
- Design, build, maintain, document, and automate technical processes and operations using AWS cloud services.
- Manage live production and dev environments, ensuring system availability and scalability.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot errors/debug.
- Implement and maintain end to end cloud security program for AWS infrastructure.
- Recommend cloud infrastructure technologies and tools that are most appropriate.
- Leverage and recommend best practices that will sustain and allow scalability.
- Ensure that the technical solution delivers the business value.
- Automate deployment of applications and infrastructure as part of the application development process.
- Improve automated cloud configuration, deployments, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Work with other teams to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment or debugging.
- Four years of infrastructure experience (firewalls, load balancer, AD, DNS, etc.)
- Three years' experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (VPC, Vnet, Route53, Azure DNS, ELB, Azure LB, S3, Storage Accounts, Cloud Formation, IAM, RMS, etc.)
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
- Three years' experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Solid coding and scripting experience in one or more of several modern, popular programming languages
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Strong knowledge/experience with SQL/Databases
- Knowledge/experience in a 24/7 always-up, always available service
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years' cloud infrastructure and services experience, required
- 2 years system administration, VMWare and Storage experience, preferred
- Senior level Windows system admin
- Working knowledge of networking including routing, switching, firewalls
- VMware experience
- Storage systems experience
- Load Balancing: 1 year (Required)
- Automation: 1 year (Required)
- Scripting: 3 year (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- Identity And Access Management: 1 year (Required)
- Senior level Linux system admin
- Working knowledge of common security devices and practices.
- DEVOPS experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top