Are you looking for your next exciting position! Are you ready to join a winning team?
BAE Systems' Intelligence & Security team will provide IT software and systems development & operations (DevOps) services to one of our Intelligence customers' Applications Division. We are seeking to hire a Infrastructure Engineer r esponsible for the following:
- Engineer and implement storage and backup solutions
- Maintain and upgrade device firmware and operating systems
- Maintain and implement a patching schedule for hardware devices and operating systems
- Maintain, upgrade and configure network devices at system boundaries
- Engineer and implement cross domain solutions for data transfer across enclaves
- Test and monitor performance of hardware, networks and virtualization platforms
- Develop and utilize security monitoring and dashboards to provide visibility and alerting for anomalous access or system behavior
- Perform identity and account management at the hardware and virtualization levels
- Provide performance monitoring and alerting on hardware and virtualization problems
- Engineer hybrid systems that interoperate with redundant systems in the cloud.
- Engineer, plan and support infrastructure-level Data Center Disaster Recovery (DCDR) and (Continuity of Operations Plan COOP) capabilities.
- Plan and implement the decommissioning of hardware
- Engineer solutions for connectivity between on-premises environments and cloud environments
- Monitor cloud usage and associated costs
- Administer application environments (i.e., development, integration/test, and production) on clients networks as well as stand-alone networks, and apply security and / or COTS updates and patches as needed and as required
- Administer storage platforms that provision the environment
Potential work locations across the Washington, DC metro area to include:
- Washington, DC
- Chantilly, VA
- Crystal City, VA
- Vienna, VA
- Linthicum MD
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 10 years of experience engineering hardware and network designs for large-scale enterprise applications
- 5 years' experience with virtualization platforms
- 5 years' experience coordinating activities of technology product and service vendors and leading technical infrastructure design activities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well on teams.
- Willingness to be flexible working on short and long term tasks
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top