Information Techoology and Information Assurance Specialist (IT/IA)
BAE Systems Panama City has an opportunity for a stand-out mid-level IT/IA Specialist on our Modeling Simulation, Evaluation, and Testing (MSEAT) contract. Candidate should have 3+ years of experience in system administration and support and as part of our dynamic team, will be responsible for assisting NSWC Panama City in supporting various technical instructions, equipment, and warfare laboratories. The Ideal candidate will have strong familiarity with Navy IT/IA policies and procedures; A Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred but not required. U.S. citizenship and a DoD Secret clearance are required for this position (TS may be required).
- Maintain IT hardware in laboratory facilities, including configuration control troubleshooting, installations, and upgrades;
- Support configuration, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of laboratory software;
- Provide recommendations to Government personnel for laboratory hardware and/or software enhancements;
- Support system/network protection, intrusion detection and monitoring, security policy enforcement, risk and vulnerability assessments, security evaluations and audits, and contingency planning;
- Ensure NSWCPCD and higher echelon IA requirements and controls are being meet in the facility;
- Support the installation of required patches and IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA);
- Support the development and maintenance of laboratory IT hardware/software inventory databases, and ensure updates to existing database are documented as Software Change Control Documentation
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Required Education / Certifications
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Security Clearance or ability the ability to attain one
- Candidate must meet all DoD IA Technician Level I certification requirements, including A+, Network+, Certified Security + and Systems Security Certified Planner (SSCP) certifications;
- Knowledge of IA security principles, concepts, and practices is required;
- General IT hardware/software maintenance experience is required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required;
- 3 years of civilian or military professional experience providing information technology and information assurance (IT/IA) support, preferably to US Navy Programs
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience:
o In the specification, fabrication, and installation of computers, peripherals, and networking items; support of the installation, configuration, and test of operating system level software, application software, simulation and stimulation software test tools, and various Windows, Linux, and UNIX server applications;
o Diagnosis of network connectivity problems;
o Performing software back-ups, set-up, and maintenance of various user and admin accounts;
o Maintenance and configure network or IT hardware; and development written system operation, maintenance, configuration control, and archival procedures.
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Education / Certifications
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an applicable technical field is preferred;
- TS/SCI DoD Clearance
- Familiarity with NSWCPCD Practices and Procedures
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top