BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The IT/IA primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartments efforts.
The Information System Security Officer will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Establish complex operational software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
- Identify any and all vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Ensure information systems and network appliances are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Perform Video-Teleconferencing VTC System Administration, Scheduling, & Configuration
- Provide External Information System(s) Client Support
- Perform account creations, changes, & deletions on multiple authorization boundaries
- Perform Help Desk & troubleshooting actives
- Perform Hardware/Software System Configuration, upgrades and modifications
- Perform system and network appliance patching actives
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 5-7 years' related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as System, Network Administrator or Information Technology/Assurance Specialists
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012R2 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2016, Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to Assessment and Authorizations
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is desired
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager II within 6 months of the date of hire
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.