Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW !
We are seeking to hire an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support a new and exciting program. The ideal candidates shall have five years ISSO experience, or equivalent systems security related experience, and knowledge of systems functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational system measures.
In this position the ideal candidate:
- S afeguards networks against unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, communicates, and implements new security software or devices.
- Implements, enforces, communicates, and may develop internet, network, or other information security policies or security plans for data, internet, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
Candidates shall have:
- Five (5) years ISSO experience, or equivalent systems security related experience, and knowledge of systems functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational system measures.
- Experience with reviewing security documentation to evaluate the adequacy of the security plan for upgraded networks. This evaluation shall ensure security solutions are effective and meet all security requirements for processing classified information.
- Experience performing vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Experience in preparing reports such as System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessments Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages and System Requirements Traceability Matrixes (SR TMs),
- An understanding the Risk Management Framework (RMF) that uses Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Instruction 1253 and the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 security controls.
IAT Level II Certification Required
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top