BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the ISSM and ISO. The position shall have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and, in many organizations, is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system. It will be required to work in close coordination with the ISSM and ISO in monitoring the information system(s) and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the authorization documentation, implementing configuration management across authorization boundaries. The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartments efforts.
The Information System Security Officer will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare, review, and update authorization packages
- Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, sanitizing, and destroying various types of hardware and media
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure audit records are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies)
- Identify cyber security vulnerabilities and assist with the implementation of the countermeasures for them
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Conduct security impact analysis activities and provide to the ISSM on all configuration management changes to the authorization boundaries
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 2-5 years' related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as System, Network Administrator or ISSO
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager II within 6 months of the date of hire
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.