Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to):
- NISPOM, DCID, JAFAN, JSIG, ICD 503 and associated NIST publications, and customer/contract specific IA regulations.
- Components of the IA program include Certification and Accreditation/Assessment and Authorization activities (document preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Oversee and report on, with minimal supervision, isolated projects requiring security/IA support.
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
- Local travel to other sites in VA will be required. Occasional travel to other states may be required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- MUST have an active DoD Top Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional security accesses.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Must be IAT Level II compliant and maintain IS professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks).
- Experience with development and implementation of IA Policies and Procedures.
- Experience with auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
- Experience with the Preparation of Certificate and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with complex Information Systems, i.e. Multi-Program Interconnection, PL-2 systems and above.
- Experience with certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans, and Memorandums of Understanding/Agreement (MOU/A).
- Ability to apply information system knowledge to other government compliance documents (JAFAN, DCID, JSIG, and ICD).
- Experience with ODAA Baseline Standards requirements for security configuration.
- Customer focused and has excellent time management skills.
Must be flexible and work with limited supervision. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top