BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The ISSM's primary function serves as a principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of information systems under his/her purview. Primary support will be working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartment efforts.
The Information System Security Engineer will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Develop and oversee operational information systems security implementation policy and guidelines of network security, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) with emphasize on Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) authorization process
- Advise government program managers on security testing methodologies and processes
- Evaluate authorization documentation and provide written recommendations for authorization to government PM's
- Develop and maintain a formal Information Systems Security Program
- Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, sanitizing, and destroying various types of hardware and media
- Develop and execute security assessment plans that include verification that the features and assurances required for each protection level functioning
- Develop policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, to include investigating and reporting security violations and incidents
- Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities to ascertain whether additional safeguards are needed
- Assess changes in the system, its environment, and operational needs that could affect the authorization
- Conduct periodic assessments of the security posture of the authorization boundaries
- Ensure that system recovery and reconstitution processes developed and monitored to ensure that the authorization boundary can be recovered based on its availability level determination
- Periodically review system security to accommodate changes to policy or technology
- Coordinate all technical security issues outside of area of expertise or responsibility with ISSE
- Provide expert research and analysis in support of expanding programs and area of responsibility as it pertains to cyber security and information technology actives
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for Cyber Security and Information Technology team members
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 7-9 years' related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO or ISSM
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager II within 6 months of the date of hire
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.