Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various USG requirements including, but not limited to:
- NISPOM, DCID, JSIG, ICD 503 and associated NIST publications, and customer/contract specific IA regulations.
- Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization activities (document preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Oversee and report on, with minimal supervision, isolated projects requiring security/IA support.
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- MUST have an active DoD Top Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional security accesses.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Must be IAT Level II compliant and maintain IS professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment.
- Experience with supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks).
- Experience with development and implementation of IA Policies and Procedures.
- Experience with auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
- Experience with Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with complex Information Systems, i.e. Multi-Program Interconnection, PL-2 systems and above.
- Experience with certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans, and Memorandums of Understanding/Agreement (MOU/A).
- Ability to apply information system knowledge to other government compliance documents.
- Customer focused and has excellent time management skills.
- Must be flexible and work with limited supervision.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top