Information Security Engineer
INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER II shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or 5 years of full time Computer Science work that can be substituted for the BS degree. The Information Security Engineer II should have seven years experience providing information security support to system and software development activities; Five years experience in applicable programming languages such as JAVA and C++ or C; Experience in creating System Security Plans and obtaining system certifications. Experience with Agency Security Directives, Policies, Publications and Regulations is desired.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidates must have a CASP or CISSP certification immediately OR within 6 months of starting on contract.
- Demonstrated expertise in national Cybersecurity policies, DoD or Intelligence Community Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes and procedures
- Proficient in vulnerability assessment, control allocation and risk mitigation
- Extensive experience with traditional A&A tools: ACAS Nessus, HBSS, Xacta, eMASS, SCAP Scanner, HP Fortify, WebInspect, STIG Viewer
- Understanding of offensive security tactics, techniques and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership skills (supervisory experience, building teams, building customer relationships)
- Ability to negotiate effectively with higher level managers, functional managers, customers, industry partners, and teammates
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and lead teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong mentoring skills
- Other cyber certifications (ISSAP-CISSP, ISSEP-CISSP, CCSP, CEH, OSCP, etc)
- Experience with offensive architecting, threat modeling and attack vector analysis
- Experience with cloud and cross domain solution accreditations
- Experience with Cyber FMECA
- Experience writing proposals with innovative cost effective solutions
- Working knowledge of EVMS systems and Project management tools such as CPI and IMS
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top