Information Management - Leadership Development Program
What is LDP?
Want to gain experience in a variety of disciplines in only three years? BAE Systems is actively recruiting for our IT Leadership Development Program (ITLDP).
ITLDP is a three-year rotational program designed to provide a diverse set of experiences through challenging rotational assignments, technical and leadership training programs, advanced education, leadership opportunities and mentorship.
What does it mean to be an ITLDP?
Being an ITLDP is more than just a title. It means joining a group of high potential entry-level employees who are sought for the purpose of becoming potential future leaders within the Information Management function of the company. With this title comes a lot of responsibility, independence, visibility, achievement, and pride.
What is the program focused on?
- Experience: Assignments during the first and second years are in diverse areas within IT organization including Business Transformation and Security. In the final year of the program, participants are given the opportunity to demonstrate their leadership abilities through projects related to the completion of either a supervisory, project management, or strategic planning role.
- Diversity:The ITLDP’s affiliation with other BAE Systems leadership development programs enables participants to work in cross-functional and cross-site assignments with operations, finance and engineering.
- Flexibility: ITLDP provides a great deal of flexibility and choice for the program participants. This flexibility includes choice of 2nd and 3rd rotational assignments and/or geographic location. Participants are able to select and choose their placement as long as a business need has been identified and the participant is a good fit.
- Educational Advancement: Participants are required to complete a graduate degree on a part-time basis. The specific degree is left up to the candidate, but must be applicable to the business. BAE Systems pays up to 100 percent for graduate school tuition, books, and application fees. Members of the program also complete in-house training that focuses on communication and presentation skills, program management, and effective leadership skills at BAE Systems.
- Support: A significant element of the Leadership Development Program is the mentor team. Each participant is assigned a mentor who will work to expose ITLDPs to diverse and challenging experiences while providing direction in choosing rotations, career planning and development, and off-program placement.
- Personal Growth: Facilitating the growth of an individual’s leadership skills and style through various training and networking opportunities is another great way the program continuously develops leaders. Participants annually attend week-long leadership development conferences (LDC). These conferences provide specialized leadership training and an opportunity for the ITLDPs to meet senior BAE Systems executives and other leadership development program participants from around the company. Throughout the rotations, participants gain foundations in knowledge of business dynamics as well as manufacturing experiences.
History of Excellence: The Leadership Development Program has a long and distinguished history. This program is founded on the principles of excellence in leadership and a proud adherence to our core values of customers, people, performance, partnering, innovation and technology. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Excellent academic record (minimum 3.5/4.0 GPA)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
- Participation in a variety of extracurricular activities
- Capacity and motivation for hard work
- Mobility (strongly encouraged) Preferred Skills and Education Education: Bachelors or Masters in Information Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering
Skills:Outstanding communication skills & Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
Participation in a variety of extracurricular activities
Capacity and motivation for hard work
Mobility (strongly encouraged)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top