Information Management Business Partner
The Information Management Business Partner builds and maintains strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders, acts as strategic advisor to the commercial business leadership, plans, budgets and works across the IT organization to ensure the delivery of IT projects and services to the business. Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborates with business to understand IT requirements and priorities
• Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and sponsors program and project initiatives for the business
• Participates in development of business strategic planning and leads IT strategic planning
• Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
• Gathers high-level business requirements and deﬁnes scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
• Leads in the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
• Monitors that the solution center is meeting the partner's expectations
• Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
• Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conﬂicts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions
• Monitors and manages financials for areas of responsibility
• Manages approvals and escalations within IT organization
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• High level of technical understanding and competence across multiple disciplines to be able to analyze situations, and make plans, decisions, and manage competing demands.
• Maintains a business driven focus of business operation, performance, and overall experience.
• Experience with budgeting and vendor management.
• Managing and mentoring a team.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic environment.
• Must be a positive, flexible, highly motivated, & energetic person
• Oral and written communication skills, including small group facilitation and presentation skills.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills.
• People management, influencing and leadership skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
-MS in a STEM related field
-Previous experience leading a team in a technical environment
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top