Information Assurance Specialist
Overall Responsibilities: Ensuring operational security is maintained for government Information Systems (IS).
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and enforce IS security policies
- Oversee all IS users to ensure they follow established IS policies and procedures
- Ensure development of system accreditation/certification documentation by reviewing and endorsing such documentation and recommending action to the DAA Rep
- Ensure development and implementation of an effective IS security education, training, and awareness program
- Ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
- Establish audit trails and ensure their review
- Ensure the most feasible security safeguards and features are implemented for the IS or network
- Ensure no attempt is made to strain or test security mechanisms, or perform network line monitoring, or keystroke monitoring without appropriate authorization Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Skills:
- Computer security certification (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CASP, or CISSP) six months from hire date
- Minimum of Security+ required on Day 1
- This position requires compliance with DoD 8570.01M for IAM Level II
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a computer security or IT related field required
- Three years of specialized security training and performance in a classified environment
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms, software applications, and wiring standards
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate safe working methods and procedures
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience
- Must be committed to results and success in accomplishing goals, as well as a fast learner with demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
Familiarity of General Knowledge of Security Regulations:
- AFI 33-202, Network and Computer Security
- JAFAN 6/3, Protecting Special Access Program Information within Information Systems
- DCID 6/3, Protecting Sensitive Compartmented Information Within Information Systems
- ICD503, Risk Management Framework Implementation About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top